Grass seed can produce a beautiful, lush yard. Here are a few helpful hints:
• Prepare ground by removing weeds, rocks and any debris.
• Soil should be smooth and hard (firm enough to walk on without making a depression)
• Apply lawn starter fertilizer (at the recommended rate)
• Broadcast grass seed on surface (grass seed needs light to germinate, covering seed will delay or stop growth)
• Keep soil moist…do not allow area to dry out
• Allow everything "green" to grow (weeds can be removed later)
• First mowing should be done after new grass reaches 3” tall