Here are some basic guidelines for lawn fertilizer applications.
1. April 6th-April29th: Apply Crabgrass preventer and fertilizer (not affected by rain)
2. May 15th-June 10th: Apply broadleaf weed control and fertilizer (Lawn must be damp when applied, then no rain for 24 hours
3. July 1st-August 15th: Second broadleaf weed control and fertilizer (Lawn must be damp when applied, then no rain for 24 hours)
4. September 1st-October 15th: Apply Winterizer
5. Mowing Height throughout the season should leave the grass 2½ – 3” tall when finished.
6. Lawn should get about 1” water per week (To determine 1” place a rain gauge in your yard. Run your sprinkler until the gauge is 1” full, time how long it took to accumulate that amount. Once time is determined, run your sprinkler 2-3 times a week to get 1” of water, if it has not rained.)