1. April 6th-April29th: Apply Crabgrass preventer and fertilizer (not affected by rain)
2. May 15th-June 10th: Apply broadleaf weed control and fertilizer (Lawn must be damp when applied, then no rain for 24 hours)
3. July 1st-August 15th: Second broadleaf weed control and fertilizer (Lawn must be damp when applied, then no rain for 24 hours)
4. September 1st-October 15th: Apply Winterizer
5. Mowing Height throughout the season should leave the grass 2½ – 3” tall when finished.
6. Lawn should get about 1” water per week (To determine 1” place a rain gauge in your yard. Run your sprinkler until the gauge is 1” full, time how long it took to accumulate that amount. Once time is determined, run your sprinkler 2-3 times a week to get 1” of water, if it has not rained)
For a wide selection of landscaping supplies for your residential and commercial landscapes, make Berg’s Nursery your first choice!
Not sure what products are right for your lawn? Consult our knowledgeable staff for expert advice and solutions.