Grass seed can produce a beautiful, lush yard. Here are a few helpful hints:
• Prepare ground by removing weeds, rocks and any debris.
• Soil should be smooth and hard (firm enough to walk on without making a depression)
• Apply lawn starter fertilizer (at the recommended rate)
• Broadcast grass seed on surface (grass seed needs light to germinate, covering seed will delay or stop growth)
• Keep soil moist…do not allow area to dry out
• Allow everything “green” to grow (weeds can be removed later)
• First mowing should be done after new grass reaches 3” tall
For a wide selection of landscaping supplies for your residential and commercial landscapes, make Berg’s Nursery your first choice!
Not sure what products are right for your lawn? Consult our knowledgeable staff for expert advice and solutions.